[ic] Finding current locale?

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jun 13 13:24:01 2001

Barry Flanagan <barryf@digiserve.ie> writes:

> Hi,
>
> In 4.7x, how can I determine the current locale setting?
>
> I need to display the Price header (as opposed to the price itself) in the
> product listings and cart as e.g.  "IR£ Price" or "US$ Price" depending upon
> the user's locale setting. However, I can't find any variable that contains
> the actual locale setting (i.e. en_US) so that I can key on it to get the
> currency_symbol. I can hard-code it but this is not a good solution.

Not obvious, but [L]currency_symbol[/L] displays the
currency symbol of the current locale. The variable
you are searching is [scratch mv_locale]. It may
be empty if no locale has been selected.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Master of Swiss Web 2001: http://www.zweifel.ch/

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices