[ic] Calculating quantity of items

Tim Mirecki interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jun 13 16:54:01 2001

Ok yes, it is more complicated than that. I have a single SKU for some items
that have options that will change the price; I don't want these to be added
together because I want to display the options for each item in the cart.

However, if someone orders two or more of something with the SAME options, I
want THOSE to be added together.

Does that make sense?

Any thoughts?

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Jason
Kohles
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 4:35 PM
To: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Calculating quantity of items

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 04:47:20PM -0400, Tim Mirecki wrote:
> I am trying to figure out the best way to calculate this: if someone hits
> "Add Item" 5 times, instead of adding the quantity of 5, how can I
coagulate
> these into ONE item in the cart instead of 5 separate items?

If you want to do it for all items in the catalog, just set SeparateItems to
No in your catalog.cfg, if you just want to do it for specific products, it
will be a lot more complex...

--
Red Hat E-Business Solutions                    Jason Kohles
11480 Sunset Hills Road                         Senior System Architect