[ic] [Checked]

Victor Nolton interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jun 13 20:16:02 2001

>You just need to explicitly reset the value after displaying the input:
>
><input type=checkbox name=foo value=1 [checked foo 1]> Foo
>[value name=foo set='' hide=1]
>
>That way, the next time the form is submitted, foo will be empty
>(unchecked) unless they check/leave checked the box.  Note: when you
>have multiple checkboxes for one variable name, this needs to change
>a bit:
>
><input type=checkbox name=foo value=1 [if value foo =~ /1/]checked[/if]> Foo 1
><input type=checkbox name=foo value=2 [if value foo =~ /2/]checked[/if]> Foo 2
>... <!-- etc -->
>[value name=foo set='' hide=1]

The problem i am having is if the form does not meet the error
checking (profile) it redisplays and tells them what they need to
fill out. if they uncheck an item and keep looping (not filling out
the data) the items are then  rechecked. resetting it at the bottom
would work but they'd have to reclick everything they originally
wanted. so if they make 10 mistakes (yes Im sure there are some
people out there capable of this), they have to recheck their choices
each time.

Unless Im missing something.

I have to look at Rakce's code he just posted.