[ic] Interchange crashing

Mark Johnson interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 14 13:55:01 2001

Mike Heins wrote:

> Quoting Tim Mirecki (tim@q5.ca):
> > Racke:
> >
> > The RedHat Demo 3 store is still crashing, try it out (demo.akopia.com)
> > rapidly clicking on "Buy Now" on an item (about 30 times or so) without
> > letting it return anything, it'll crash.
> > Goes back up after a few minutes...is someone resetting it?
>
> Are you sure this is not OrderLineLimit or RobotLimit? We have run
> the 4.7.x server on a system that received 2,000,000 parsed-page
> hits over three days, and it didn't die once.

That was my question to him, but I repeatedly hit the Recalc button
until it froze. It didn't redirect to the localhost domain, but rather
the request hangs, waiting for reply. But, the httpd is still serving as
I was able to hit the index page on demo after ic3 froze.

--
Mark Johnson
Senior Systems Architect - Professional Services