[ic] cc number through e-mail

Guy Soudant interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 14 16:08:01 2001

I can do without the sarcastic comments. If you really want to comment
then please send some comments which are usefull.

I already acknowledged that this is not the ideal situation, but we have
been working like this for more than 5 years, and have never had any
problems. Still, I agree it is a potential risk, but at least we don't
keep the cc numbers and other relevant information on the server. It's
not ideal, but I tend to call it a second best solution.

But then again, in the end we aren't all as good as you are (I almost
die in humor).

Regards

Guy Soudant

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com] Namens Dan B
Verzonden: donderdag 14 juni 2001 2:12
Aan: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Onderwerp: Re: [ic] cc number through e-mail

At 10:30 PM 6/13/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am running IC version 4.7.2. Since there is no pgp or gpg encryption
>software on my host's server, I cannot encrypt CC numbers. I have
>therefor decided to send them to me through e-mail (as this reduces the
>risk in comparison to storing the cc numbers on the server, which I do
>not want). But I have looked through the code of the report file,
>payment file, and order file, but I'm not able to get the full
>creditcard number in the e-mail (I get something like 41**1111 which is
>the value of mv_credit_card_reference). Can someone tell me what I need
>to do to get the cc number through e-mail send to me? I know this is
>risky, but it's the only option I have right now.
>
>Thank you
>
>Regards
>
>Guy Soudant

Should we report you to the Better Business Bureau now, or after the
credit
cards have been fraudulently used?

BTW, I have a *totally* unrelated question.  What was the ip address of
your mail server?

(I jest in humor).

Seriously, if your ISP has Interchange installed, might it be possible
find a way to install some sort of encryption program?  Some sort of
perl
module that does GPG type stuff?  (Anyone?)

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com