[ic] SSL - Cart Drop

Jason Kohles interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 14 16:13:29 2001

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 12:52:38PM -0700, Jeff Worsley wrote:

> anyway I then had to add to catalog.cfg:
> Cookies Yes
> CookieDomain .securedomain.com .nonsecuredomain.com

You can only specify one cookie domain.

> well the funnything is that this works 100% when the .securedomain.com
> is first then the .nonsecuredomain.com... however interchange declares a
> cookie error and says that I will loose all cart items from non to
> secure... this is not true, the cookies are writen like they should be
> (even to a virgin computer). NOW THE QUESTION: Why would this make
> interchange think there is an error? is there a fix to the code to make
> it not error? I can remove the stuff out of the templates, however I
> what interchange to be happy with the fix and not error at all to begin
> with.

You get that warning if interchange attempted to set a cookie and failed,
the fact that the cookie failed does not necessarily mean that you will
lose the contents of the basket, since the session id is also being passed
in links and form submissions, it just makes it much more likely that could
happen.

--
Red Hat E-Business Solutions                    Jason Kohles
11480 Sunset Hills Road                         Senior System Architect