[ic] Range Searching part 2

Victor Nolton interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sun Jun 17 22:47:01 2001

Since my initial post I've tried literally hundreds of combinations
to get a simple range search to work.  I can get it to return results
but they are not in the range. I'm getting results for items that
don't even have a value for the field that has the range.

I've tried the examples from the old simple catalog, and samples from
the docs and from the website.

I just need to do a simple range search for a column and i'm using a
normal flatfile DB.

   <form action=[process-search] method=post>
    <input type=hidden name=fi value=products>
    <input type=hidden name=ra value=yes>
    <input type=hidden name=rl value=bedrooms>
    <input type=hidden name=rm value=4>
    <input type=hidden name=rx value=7>
    <input type=submit value=search>
    </form>

I've tried various things to this like su,sf,tf,ml,rg (even though
there is no alpha), cs (even though there is no alpha).

nothing I try returns the data I need.
any recommendations on what to add to this?
if anyone has a simple snippet that works, I'd appreciate it.

Ven