[ic] Data Sources for Mysql not appearing during configure.pl installation

Cathy Moortgat interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jun 18 08:12:00 2001

I am new to Interchange, and have searched the archives but have been unable
to find anything about this. I apologize in advance if it is a simple
problem, but really appreciate any help.

System Configuration:
Solaris 2.6, perl v5.6.1, Data-Dumper-2.101, DBI-1.18, HTML-Parser-3.25,
HTML-Tagset-3.03, MIME-Base64-2.12, Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2216 , URI-1.12,
apache_1.3.20, libnet-1.0703, libwww-perl-5.53, os_allcommerce.1.2.3

Problem:  When I run "configure.pl database", it finds my database driver
(mysql), but does not find any data sources.  If I attempt to create a new
database table, it says it is created, but fails with the following error
message:

 allcommerce created.

 #####
 #
 # AllCommerce Data Structure
 #
 #####

Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at ./lib/configure.pm line
1333.
 Creating tables ... #

When I check mysql, the new database has not been created.

I pulled the code out that is checking the data sources and created a
test.cgi script.  If I run it from the command line "perl test.cgi" it does
not find the data sources.  However if I execute the script in my web
browser it returns the data sources.  Also I wrote a cgi script that uses
the DBI->connect command and hard-coded the mysql data source I created.
This runs fine from the command line as well as the browser.

Everything seemed to install fine. I also tried to install manually and this
works fine to a certain point and then it fails because it cannot connect to
the data source. If anyone can help me out here I would really appreciate
it.  If you  respond to the list, I'd also appreciate it if you could cc me
at cathy@ssbinc.com

Thanks in advance for all input.
Cathy

Cathy Moortgat