[ic] Problem with lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm (Can MySQL be used instead?)

Michael Lehmkuhl interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 19 23:33:00 2001

Hello everyone.

I'm still pretty new to Interchange.

I've installed a store based on the construct demo using MySQL as the
database.  Everything seems to be working except those portions that rely on
the .dbm files.  I've read posts regarding using the MINIVEND_DBFILE, but
that approach did not work for my installation.  I'm in a shared hosted
environment, so I don't have much access to reinstall Perl or things of that
sort.

Is it possible to run all the data through MySQL, rather than storing some
in .dbm files?  Both the GDBM and DB_File implementations on my hosting
provider's server seem to be giving me some attitude.

I've read through the documentation regarding how Interchange uses
databases, but I'm not totally clear what the process would be to move the
data in the .dbm files into MySQL.

Thanks.

--
Michael Lehmkuhl <michael@electricpulp.com>