[ic] Wishlist request, UserTag <tagname> Reparse 1

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 21 22:34:00 2001

Quoting cfm@maine.com (cfm@maine.com):
> We're trying to convert our 4.03 catalogs to 4.73.  It
> seemed at first easier than it is turning out to be.
> Rollback.  :-(
>
> This is one place that has changed between 4.30 and 4.73,
> the 'reparsing' of the return value from a [usertag].
>
> --
>
> Wishlist request for: UserTag <tagname>   Reparse 1
> so one could do:
>  UserTag embed   HasEndTag       1
>  UserTag embed   Interpolate     0
>  UserTag embed   Reparse 1
>  UserTag embed   Routine <<EOF

That is exactly the same as:

UserTag embed   HasEndTag       1
UserTag embed   Routine <<EOF

If it is not working that way, something is wrong.

There are some new constraints on storing data in databases and
retrieving it via the list tags, but other than that I cannot see
why it wouldn't work that way.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock