[ic] Installation Error

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jun 25 04:27:02 2001

* Ken Douglas wrote on Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 07:42 -0700:
> When I run makecat and go thru installation processes
> everything seems ok. however, when I try to access the
> URL it gives 500 internal server error.

Probably the CGI reported some error.

> I don't have chance to look at error.log.

Ohh, really? I cannot imagine how to use CGI w/o some error log,
but well...
I would try to wrap that CGI. I wrote such a wrapper in perl (to
enable server-parsed CGI scripts with Apache). With such a
wrapper, you can see the output of the script which may be
interesing.

And of course you can launch that binary CGI from command line.
Maybe you get some lib error or so, who knows.

Since I still don't know IC very well I cannot help you more.

oki,

Steffen