[ic] Converting from commerce.cgi

David Adams interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 26 14:20:01 2001

Just to clear up on this point, ShopSite did not grow out of Minivend.
Tallyman (Early Akopia product) was engineered by the same developers that
created ShopSite (Tallyman was an attempt to improve on ShopSite, plus make
it open source).  Then Tallyman's feature set and Admin UI was incorporated
into Minivend to create Interchange.

That concludes today's history lesson.

on 6/26/2001 12:02 PM, Jim Balcom <jim@idk-enterprises.com> at
interchange-users-request@developer.akopia.com wrote:

> 2. When you get stumped, talk to Akopia.com. They are doing fee-based
> Tech Support. I paid $500 for ShopSite, only to learn that to get
> zone-based shipping I needed to spend $2,000 for the product. I later
> learned that ShopSite grew out of MiniVend, as did Interchange.

David Adams
Red Hat E-Business Solutions
interchange.redhat.com
703-456-2924 Office