[ic] Trouble with repeating special page: interact

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 26 22:27:00 2001

Quoting Jeff Carnahan (jcarnahan@networq.com):
> I've searched the mailing list archives and documentation and can't find any
> mention of the problem I'm experiencing, nor anything that would help me fix
> it.
>
> I have a SpecialPage directive:
>
> SpecialPage		interact		special/interact.html
>
> The file special/interact.html contains a proper HTML file that gives the
> user an error report.
>
> On the basket page, if a user sets the quantity of an item to a non-digit,
> (say a letter) and attempts to update their cart, the contents of
> special/interact.html are displayed twice, followed by the basket page again
> (all concatenated into one large HTML document).
>
> The first time interact.html is parsed and included into the resulting page,
> [message] is replaced with "'q' for item 15-1010 is not numeric"  (I've set
> the quantity for item 15-1010 to the letter q). The second time
> interact.html is parsed and included, [message] is replaced with:
> "quantities". Finally, the basket page is displayed again.
>
> Note that the basket page sets:
> mv_doit = refresh
> mv_nextpage = @@MV_PAGE@@
>
> This is on IC 4.6.5
>
> Any suggestions about how to prevent this problem from occurring? I only
> want interact.html parsed and returned to the user if they enter invalid
> quantity data.

Hmm. No suggestions for 4.6.x other than to trace the code and find
where it is calling interaction_error() -- I think it needs to return
where it doesn't now. It also needs to return a false value so that you
don't display a page.

We are not putting maintenance effort on anything but show-stoppers on
the 4.6.5 tree at this point, so it is unlikely to be fixed there. 4.7.x
takes the pragmatic approach of just stripping the non-numerics.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock