[ic] Locale Pagedir

Stefano Nota interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 28 06:18:00 2001

You could use 2 fields for images in the database.

Based ol locale you show italian image instead of english one, and
viceversa.

ciao stefano

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com]Per conto di
Barbara Picci
Inviato: giovedì 28 giugno 2001 12.04
A: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Oggetto: [ic] Locale Pagedir

hi,

I have a problem with the internationalization of Interchange 4.6.5.
I installed it succesfully, but I need to make a localization of it,
using two languages: italian and english.
I have set the use of two different database (I use the Interchange
internal database: products.txt), and I use very well [L][/L] and
[LC][/LC] and the Interchange server answers to [scratch mv_locale].
All appear to go right, but I need to use two different directories for
images.
I have seen that I need to use ImageDir but it doesn't work.

I have in catalog.cfg

## Set the image path for relative images
ImageDir /construct/images/english/
Locale en_US ImageDir /construct/images/english/
Locale it_IT ImageDir /construct/images/italian/

in this way the images can been shown, but, for the two languages,
they are taken always from the default directory (english).
In the result page images have both this path:
/construct/images/english/navigation/

If I instead use:

## Set the image path for relative images
ImageDir /construct/images/english/
Locale en_US ImageDir english/
Locale it_IT ImageDir italian/

it ignores the default and locales the images but the images can't be
shown because the directory is wrong.
In the result pages infact images have this path:
for italian ---  italian/italian/navigation/
for english ---  english/english/navigation/
It repeats twice the directory.

Can anyone help me?