[ic] will interchange fulfill these requirements?

Alexander Welti interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 29 08:42:03 2001

Hello at mailinglist of Interchange!

Currently we are evaluating the platform Akopia Interchange
(referred as ic further below) whether it suits our needs.

As our branch offices all reside in Europe our focus is on
multilanguage, multiregional(country) and multicurrency (including
the euro dollar) support.

I would greatly appreciate some short comments/statements to my
questions below and an estimation of expense(how/where to hook in)
to extend functionality if a feature is not implemented yet.

thanks in advance and

best regards
Alexander Welti

--
Alexander Welti -- mailto:alexander.welti@ucpag.com
research & development -- UNIVERSAL COMMUNICATION PLATFORM AG

Requirements Catalog

- giving our branch offices control of their regional
products, is it possible to have multiple administrative
user accounts each responsible for a certain set of products
(and only these products) for their region apart from
general articles offered in all countries?

- if not, what is a proposed solution (having multiple
installations for each region/subcatalogs/...)

- is it possible to have region based skins/appearances of
the same shop instance for different regions (based on
country/language p.ex. svitzerland where we have 3 languages
spoken in one country)?

- can ic handle different currencies?

- is ic capable of the euro-dollar (i.e. can store the
currency of the country and the corresponding value in euro?

- is it possible to have different products in different
countries; depending on the user (coming from i.e. great
britain) only sees products offered for his country (gb)
and the general ones applying to all countries?

- is it possible to have one product but different prices
for different countries (based upon a maintainable currency/country
table)?

- is there multi language support for the customer /
administrative user? (at least we should have english and german for the
customer)

- is there a defined import interface to create ic-clients in the ic
database from existing clients out of our database?

- is there a defined import interface to create ic-products in the ic
database from our existing products?

- what about the interaction with external inventory/shipment operators?
(inventory control, keeping a minimum piece of articles in store,
delivery
status)

- in general the dataflow between ic and the inventory?

- do you have support for popular payment systems in europe (apart
from "credit card", "on delivery") like paybox, bankomax, paysafecard,
... ?

- is there a standardized client dunning process (email templates for
first reminder, etc.) when payment type is on delivery

- how do you handle reclamations and handle coupons upon admittance?