[ic] Credit Card Info in Admin Order Info/PGP

Chris Jesseman admin@sitemajic.net
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 22:14:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi Gina,

> Hi all,
>
> Let me make sure I get this straight, Interchange doesn't store credit
> card
> numbers so you can view them in admin, right? Is there a way to
> configure IC to
> do this?

You *can* do this, it's just not very safe. In fact, I'm undoing a 4.04a site
where the card numbers are stored encrypted on the server.

> I'm trying to figure out why my hoster installed Interchange, but didn't
> install
> PGP...

Ask them ;-)

> If there is no way to do this in Interchange, then I'm basically SOL if
> PGP is
> not installed on the server, correct?

I believe you can install gnupg under your home space. I've never done it but I
wouldn't operate without SSL or PGP.

-Chris