[ic] newbie question: subroutines

Mike Heins mike@bill.minivend.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 22:30:07 -0500

I get so much spam from addresses at Yahoo! that I don't accept mail from
them. Please send from another address if you really want to send mail
to me. A good free mail address is hotmail.com -- though the occasional
spam comes through with their envelope address they stomp on spammers
hard, and the spammers have learned to be wary of them.

If you are an innocent bystander, I am sorry. Other of your messages (not
this one) *may* have been sent to Yahoo abuse and it is not inconceivable
they will cancel your account. Probably not unless you sent it from
somewhere else and had the envelope address somehow set to be from Yahoo.
But who knows, my filter rules are not perfect.

I do suggest you get on Yahoo!'s case about their failure to protect
their From line, rendering Yahoo addresses unusable by serious people.
And a sure bet to be ignored by me.

Regards,
Mike Heins
--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown

P.S.: If you are a spammer, shame on you for stealing time and money
from people.