[ic] [if scratch...]

Mark Johnson markj@redhat.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 13:28:30 -0500

"Mat Jones - booksellersolutions.com" wrote:

> I was trouble shooting for 2 hours yesterday. I printed the value of scratch
> count1 to the page which was 30.  When I replaced the [scratch count1] with
> a real number e.g [loop-alternate 30] instead of [loop-alternate [scratch
> count1]]  it worked fine... just doesnt seem to like the [scratch] variables
> within loop alternate.

Interpolation order is catching you. You can't do what you're trying to
do. [loop-alternate [scratch foobar]] will try to evaluate the literal
string '[scratch foobar]' because the [loop-..] tags parse *completely*
first, then the resulting output is reparsed, at which point [scratch
foobar] would interpolate.

--
Mark Johnson
Senior Developer - Professional Services