[ic] [ANSWER TO] Directive ProductFiles returned default setting error: No default search

Robert Smith rsmith@crepsunited.com
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:42:29 -0500

    Just for everyone's future reference:

    I was moving my Interchange store from one server to another and was
doing some cleaning up... in the process I deleted the dbconf directory in
my catalog, thinking I wouldn't need it....

DO NOT DELETE THE dbconf DIRECTORY IF YOU'RE USING AN EXTERNAL DATABASE!
I spent the WHOLE DAY trying to find out why my server was saying:

> Directive ProductFiles returned default setting error: No default search
file!
> In line 0 of the configuration file '':
> ActionMap ui_edit <<EOR
>
> catalog_name config error: Directive ProductFiles returned default setting
error:
No default search file!
> In line 0 of the configuration file '':
> ActionMap ui_edit <<EOR

    I searched and searched the archives and came up with a multitude of
answers, but none really worked. When I copied the dbconf directory,
everything worked fine. I felt like an idiot, but now i'm an informed idiot
:-)

    I hope this saves someone lots of aggravation. :-)

Robert Smith