[ic] IC dies when configuring catalog with large mySQL table at startup

Ton Verhagen ton@verhagen.net
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 19:57:19 +0100

Hi All,

We have a mySQL table (subscriber) with about 5.5 million records which we
would like to integrate in an IC catalog.
Because the table is rather large we put the directive: 'NoImportExternal
yes' in catalog.cfg
There is no content in the table subscriber.txt (except for the field
names) in the products directory.
Product directory also contains: subscriber.sql

Directory dbconf/mysql contains table description in subscriber.mysql with
contents:
----- Begin subscriber.mysql -----
# MiniVend database definition
Database  subscriber  subscriber.txt __SQLDSN__
#ifdef SQLUSER
Database  subscriber  USER         __SQLUSER__
#endif
#ifdef SQLPASS
Database  subscriber  PASS         __SQLPASS__
#endif
----- End subscriber.mysql -----

SQLDSN, SQLUSER, and SQLPASS are being set properly in catalog.cfg (they
work with other mySQL tables in same catalog)

However, it still seems that IC tries to read the table at startup time and
waits (hang up?) forever.

What could be wrong here? Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Ton