[ic] Backend - uploading new files problem

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:55:04 -0500

Quoting Alex Lam (support@integricity.com):
> I'm not sure if anyone has encountered this problem, or whether you just use
> ftp into your server, but we are restricting the use of ftp into the server
> for security reasons, and we want to use the backend alone.
>
> Using the file transfer component under Content, we find that uploading
> (more like updating) a file that already exists is fine, as you can click on
> the little ^ up arrow and upload. (The file in mention is upload_other.html)
> But what if I want to upload a new graphic / file that has not already been
> named as such, using the web interface. I think there should be arrows next
> to the folder name to enable users to upload new files
>
> It's a simple issue, but I think it might want to be addressed for future IC
> editions. Or does anyone have the simple hack to work around this?

It has been addressed in 4.7.x, but won't really fit into 4.6.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer