[ic] User Specified Price?

Chris Rapier rapier@psc.edu
Thu, 08 Mar 2001 00:48:23 -0500

Jonathan Clark wrote:

> > We would like to offer the customer an opportunity to make an
> > extra donation, amount specified by them, along with any orders
> > they place.
> >
> > Is this easily do-able, to have a product with a user-changeable
> > on-the-fly price?
> >
> > If not, what other options might exist?
> >

> What about a fixed price and a user-changeable qty? ;-)

Thats what I did with the gift certificates on a site I did. They could
buy them in $5 amounts so if they wanted a $100 gift certiicate they
just entered 20. If you did it in $1 increments that would be pretty
easy. Just like entering a dollar value. If you accept fractional
quantities then its even easier. Just make sure you can enter negative
qaunts. I don't know if this is even possible but its somethign to keep
in mind.