[ic] newbie question: how to build a hierarchical catalog?

Jon van Noort jon@digitalwizards.com.au
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 14:00:50 +0800

Hi Folks,

I am currently evaluating Interchange as a possible replacement for the
existing E-Commerce site we have built at: http://www.transquip.com.au

The current implementation is based on an hierarchical catalog where
products exist within the following structure;

Top Level Category    eg, SOCKET SETS
  Manufacturer        eg,   AOK zTECH
    Product Line      eg,     3/4 inch SOCKET SETS
      Product         eg,       AZ19340 "AOK zTECH 21 PIECE 3/4 inch DRIVE
SOCKET SET MET"

I have searched the mailing list archive and the only reference I have seen
is in relation to someone wanting to integrate a PHP module to do this. The
reply indicated that such a thing is perfectly possible to do with
Interchange's tags.

Could someone please point me in the right direction to achieve this?

Cheers.
Jon

Jon van Noort
Production Manager