[ic] Switching Databases

Larry Morley lmorley@flexihost.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 00:49:31 -0800

Hi -

Is there an easy way to switch a table from using an SQL database
to, say, gdbm?  Or text?  And, is there a way to switch from
test_catname to another database?

I saw in a prior post it was done in interchange.cfg; I dont see
where - am I missing something?

Is there anything inherently wrong with the test_catname database
created by makecat other than it needs to be tweaked once created?

Lastly, can anyone tell me what this means in my products.dbm file:

Database       products       products.txt       TAB
Database       products       HOT                  1
Database       products       INDEX              category:c

specifically HOT and INDEX?

Thanks very much,

Larry Morley