[ic] product search failure in case of word using some special characters

Ayayu Infomation desk info@ayayu.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 21:58:48 +0900

In my construct based site , Interchange 4.6.4 on RAQ3,  I faced at the
product search failure(no-match) in case of the word using some special
characters, like  4.5" (four - period -five- doublequote) which  means
4.5 inches.

When I specified the search word ` 4.5" `,  It shows ` Sorry, no matches
for 4\.5\"  `.

Before updating of interchange 4.6.3 on Freebsd,  It searched and show
matched item list.
Is there any change in search functionalities?

Search form is no modification of construct demo as below.

<FORM ACTION="[area search]">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=20>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=inactive>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=":*">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=ne>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=rm>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchspec VALUE=1>
<INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=10>

S.Murahahsi