[ic] checkout lag

DB db@m-and-d.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 23:39:42 -0500

I have 4.6.3 installed and running using the test store. All seems well,
except for the annoying 10 second delay between when I click the
Checkout button and when the next page is displayed.

The archives suggest maybe a DNS delay, but this happens on two separate
hosts, each with respectable hardware (both run Redhat Linux). Using a
non-secure URL doesn't help, nor does using a local address for email
delivery of the order info. "uptime" reports reasonable cpu loads. Does
anyone know how to remedy or even diagnose this?

DB