[ic] how can I verify what the [userdb] tag is doing?

Mark Stosberg mark@summersault.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:44:49 -0500

Hello,

  I'm working on getting soft goods downloading working with Minivend
4.04. The process consistently gets stalled at this point:

[userdb
			function=check_file_acl
			location="[scratch deliverable]"
			mode=expire
]

So  my assumption was the the acl wasn't be set appropriately. I've
modeled the example closely though:

[userdb
	function=set_file_acl
	mode="expire 7 days"
	location="[item-code]"
]

If anything is going wrong with either of these calls, Minivend isn't
giving me any feedback. :)
What I would like to do at this point is to verify that these two tags
are performing their operations as expected. My rudimentary trick was to
see if the size of the userdb.db file change after the 'set' operation
occurred. It didn't, but that didn't totally convince me the operation
failed.

How can I either "watch" these operations happen (and see any notes
about their failure), or check the data they manipulate myself?

Finally, If you happen to recognize the reason I'm stuck as being
something else entirely, I'm all ears. :)

Thanks,

    -mark

personal website             }      Summersault Website Development
http://mark.stosberg.com/    {      http://www.summersault.com/