[ic] restart

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:42:32 -0800

At 12:44 PM 3/15/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>I have 30 catalogs running under 1 installation of interchange. After i
>install a new catalog, i would like to start that particular catalog only,
>without restarting everything. As you know, while restarting the sites are
>unavailable.
>Im sure there is a simple answer.

See if this helps:

# bin/interchange --help
Interchange version 4.6.2 Copyright 1996-2000 Akopia, Inc.

Interchange comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and
you are welcome to redistribute and modify it under the terms of the
GNU General Public License.

Command line options (first letter will usually work):

      --add=catalog         remove a catalog from operation, parms taken
                            from the standard input
      -b catalog
         --build=catalog    build static page tree for catalog
      -d dir, --dir=dir     directory for VendRoot (interchange.cfg,
error.log, etc.)
      -e name,
         --exclude=name     exclude catalog
      -f file,
         --config=file      configuration file (default interchange.cfg)
      --files spec          filespec (perl regexp OK) for static page tree
      -h, --help            display this message
      -i, --inetmode        run with Internet-domain socket (TCP)
      --kill [signal]       kill server ungracefully (9 or with optional
signal)
      -q, --quiet           suppress informational messages on startup
      --reconfig=catalog    reconfig a particular catalog on the server
      --remove=catalog      remove a catalog from operation
      --restart             restart server
      --serve               start server (default) (-start is alias)
      --stop                stop server gracefully
      -t, --test            report problems with config files
      -u, --unix            run with UNIX-domain socket
      -v, --version         display program version
      -D, --DEBUG           run foreground in debug mode

-Dan

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com