[ic] disabling stock status

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
19 Mar 2001 11:12:51 -0500

"Scott Moat" <smoat@chartermi.net> writes:

> I need to not have stock status shown on either some items or all
> items depending which is easier.  Most of my orders are drop shipped
> and I don't have anyway to access their inventory.  So I don't want
> to tell the customer I don't have inventory when most likely my
> vendor does.

Add a new field to the products table called 'dropship'.  In your
results page and flypage add a condition like this:

[if !item-field dropship]
<!-- html here for displaying in-stock or out-of-stock -->
[else]
<!-- optional message here about dropshipping and unknown ship dtes
-->
[/else]
[/if]
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543