[ic] open login warning (?)

Jud Harris jud-lists@copernica.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:25:58 -0600

Hey folks,

I'm not sure if this is a universal problem, but I just noticed that my access
table from the default construct store contains a username ":backup" with no
password.  I believe it is a group definition.  It allows logins without a
password and possesses nearly full permissions.
I'm asterisk-ing out the password field to prevent logins.

Note that this login doesn't show up in the Access interface under the
Administration section because it's supposedly a group definition.

So.. try to login to the admin page as :backup (yes, with the colon) - and no
password.  If you get it in, better fix it.  But alas, it might just have crept
into my catalog.

Just FYI,
-Jud