[ic] Advice please on whether Interchange is the right path

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:08:11 -0800

At 08:50 PM 3/21/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Ron Phipps wrote:
> > I'm
> > not positive on this answer but I think they can use Debit cards (if they
> > have a Visa or MC logo) but I have not seen check functionality listed
> > anywhere.  Have a good one!
>
>We are about to implement Verisign here.  In our research and from their web
>site:
>
>         VeriSign authorizes, manages,
>         and supports all major credit cards, debit cards, and
>         guaranteed electronic check purchases.

We found that Verisign's "electronic check" services (technically
"automated clearing house") are prohibitively expensive (e.g. 6%
per-transaction fee, with per-month and per-transaction fees).  FYI.

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com