[ic] E-Smith

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 00:50:07 -0800

At 06:18 PM 3/22/2001 +1100, you wrote:
>Is anyone using interchange on an e-smith (4.1) server. We have just
>installed one and I'd like to use interchange as our site/cart. If you have
>this combination, are there any install issues that need addressing before I
>start. We wont be doing anything to fancy to start with, just modifying the
>construct this demo.

I've got 3 or 4 e-smith boxen, but I haven't run IC on them.  I would say to:
  o create the "interch" user ahead of time (e-smith-manager might work,
otherwise try 'useradd')
  o Make sure user has shell access: #chsh -s "/bin/bash" interch
  o Install all the perl modules you need
  o (I recommend avoiding MySQL until you get IC working with the file
database)
  o Install interchange from the tarball (makecat, etc.)
  o Report problems with details to the list  :-)

You might run into trouble with the firewall rules, httpd.conf setup, etc.
things.  But try it first and see what happens.  Have you installed IC on a
regular redhat box before?  If not, then I recommend doing that first.

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com