[ic] makecat non-interactive?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:00:06 -0500

Quoting tzf@tzf.net (tzf@tzf.net):

> Hi Folks,
> By way of introduction, my name's Tim and I've been lurking for a while.
> I'm starting an e-commerce hosting company with a friend. I'm enthusiastic
> about Open Source, and hoping Interchange will allow us to base the
> business on an open source solution, despite some customers' insistance
> that they want to go with Brand X.
>
> My question: I want to run makecat from the command line in a
> non-interactive mode. i.e. I want to specify all paramters on the command
> line, and then have makecat "just do it", sending only error messages to
> the standard output when necessary.
>
> I've been using something like this:
>
> makecat --serverconf=blah --servername=blahblah --demotype=construct ...etc.

Have you tried that? It does indeed work. Try looking at the makecat man
page ( "perldoc bin/makecat" works as well), it should give you all you need.

Hint: look at -F parameter.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

-- Wernher Von Braun