[ic] Grabbing a web page content using LWP::Simple

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:11:44 -0800

At 12:46 PM 3/22/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I have found the problem and it was crazy. I was trying to get-url on a
>page within minivend on the same machine I was running the get-url usertag.
>Whenever I tried another machine the page came in perfectly. However, when
>I tried again on the same machine running the script and asking for a page
>within minivend, it would hang up again.

You weren't requesting any pages that called the get-url were you?  (It
calls a page that calls a page that calls a page...).  Recursive problems
are fun.

Did anybody else besides me enjoy writing recursive C functions in Computer
Science classes?

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com