[ic] Re: Paypal

Dan Garwood res087jh@verizon.net
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 01:52:11 -0500

Mike,

I currently have a premium account with paypal and am not using it for
anything, I would glad ly offer it to you and my services to help you with
this module integration. I know there are many IC users that would like to
have this feature.

Dan Garwood
E-Profit Designs

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Mike Heins
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 7:28 PM
To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Re: Paypal

Quoting Matthew Schick (mschick@brightredproductions.com):
> On 22 Mar 2001 15:15:34 -0800, Ed LaFrance wrote:
> > At 05:55 PM 03/22/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> > >Quoting David Schnardthorst - Eregion (daves@eregion.org):
> > >
> > >It is easy to *get to* PayPal, just not so easy to get back.
[snip]

> > ...I went as far as to contact them, proposing that they consider some
type
> > of gateway or "silent post" interface for their services, explaining
that I
> > and/or others would most likely hammer out some kind of support for such
> > service in Interchange and put it into the code base.  We had a few
> > exchanges via email and they collected a slew of data from me (probably
for
> > marketing).  That was more than two months ago - no word since.  I don't
> > think they are ready for it right now, or they just don't see the
benefit
> > to them.
> >
> I also have contacted them with the same proposal, with the answer being
> that they simply did not see the need for a compatible interface.....  I
> guess when you corner a market you don't have to work with anyone else.
> IMHO, any of the solutions for integrating PayPal and Interchange I have
> found are just too complicated and involved to be feasable.  Like Mike
> said, the problem isn't the Interchange > PayPal communcation.... it's
> getting the approval information back from them after the fact.

Flash update -- they apparently contacted us recently and gave some
info about a hidden post capability.

Assuming I can get a Business/Premium account to test on, a module
shouldn't be too far behind.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown