[ic] MYsql?

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:09:03 -0800

At 10:02 AM 03/23/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>So I need to make a new catalog in order to switch? It makes sense, I was
>just hoping for a less involved solution. Lazy again :)

NO, you can just edit the catalog.cfg for your existing catalog:

Variable    SOMESQL         1
Variable    MYSQL           1
#Variable    PGSQL
#Variable    ORACLE
Variable    SQLDSN          dbi:mysql:databasename
Variable    SQLDB           databasename
Variable    SQLUSER         username
Variable    SQLPASS         password

Create a database with 'databasename' in mysql and grant all privileges to
username@localhost identified by 'password'.  Then make the changes to you
catalog.cfg (like above) and restart interchange. If all goes well you
should see the table creation messages echoed to the screen and the data
will be be imported.  You can look in yourcat/dbconf/mysql to see the table
definition files.

You will need to have the proper Perl modules installed before doing any of
this - they are listed in the docs for SQL Support.

- Ed L.