[ic] Interchange 4.6.4 now available

Jon Jensen jon@akopia.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:45:08 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Jeff Carnahan wrote:

> It looks like this didn't make it into the distribution (no
> mod_interchange directory in dist/src) .. although I do see it in CVS

Boy, a silly mistake. I forgot to update the MANIFEST to include the
mod_interchange files in the packages. That was the only thing wrong, and
Interchange itself wasn't affected at all, so I've simply uploaded a new
set of 4.6.4 packages with the dist/src/mod_interchange directory
included. If you're missing mod_interchange and want to use it, download
the newer package. If you're not using it, there's no difference.

Sorry for overlooking that!

Note that mod_interchange is not used by the installer; it is in the
enhancement category with mod_perl_tlink and the other alternative link
programs. They need to be set up separately, by hand.

> The README file indicates that the only changes made from mod_minivend
> was renaming instances of "Minivend" to "Interchange"... So no
> additional functionality has been added at this point?

Nope, it's mostly the same. Actually, we don't have much planned for it in
the immediate future, as it already works well. If you have any
suggestions, feel free to let us know, or submit your own code if you
improve it yourself.

Jon