[ic] books or other documentation?

F. James Rohlf rohlf@life.bio.sunysb.edu
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 01:37:15 -0500

I am finding the documentation available at
http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic is not very easy for a beginner. Are
there other sources of information (especially for getting started learning
how to program with the various IC tags)? I have gone through the tutorial
and am studying the construct demo but much is still mysterious.

Where I am stuck at the moment is in trying to extend the following code
from the construct demo: [box-exec bar_link]area[/box-exec].

That correctly displays the name field from the area database. Now I would
like to wrap around that the <A HREF="xxx"></A> HTML tags, where the xxx is
another filed in the area database and will be the name of a file in the
page directory. On that page I will want to display a particular subset of
categories and information about them.

Thanks, Jim