[ic] Server question

Jim Balcom jim@idk-enterprises.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:39:15 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Curt Hauge wrote:

CH>>> ----copy starts-----
CH>>> Found Perl 5.00404 as /usr/local/bin/perl
CH>>
CH>>>Now, HERE is a major problem! You have to have version 5.005 or higher, and
CH>>>during the installation of the server, it will go out and get the latest and
CH>>>greatest and install it - and for that you need root access.
CH>>
CH>>or search the archives for cpan_local_install to install perl locally

It would scare the snot out of me to have a user try doing that on my
system!

I realize that Perl is pretty reliable and bullet-proof. But, Perl is
pretty powerful, and I've seen what users can do! :-)

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, March 27, 2001 at 17:35 PM:
Some nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men

This Linux System has been up 793 hours