[ic] [email] error msg

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 08:35:05 -0800

At 01:07 PM 03/28/2001 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>I want to use the [email] tags but when I added it to my catalog.cfg,
>I now get this...
>
>Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here :
>
>Configuring catalog store...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:live_store.
>UserTag 'email' subroutine failed safe check: open trapped by operation
>mask at (eval 599) line 17, <CONFIG> chunk 368.
>
>In line 368 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
>UserTag email Routine <<EOR
>
>done.
>Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s) (process id 18475)

This is probably because the email tag uses file handles, which would not
be permitted at the catalog level unless you had set it up to be so with
AllowGlobal.

The simplest solution is put the email usertag file in interchange/usertag
and restart - this will make it a server-level tag with the needed
permission, and all should be well.  In fact, Interchange is distributed
this way: Usertag email should already be there.

- Ed L.

**** Virtual Hosting w/private IC Installation, $65/month! ****
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax