[ic] expireall and server --start fail to run in crontab (was: Where is checkstat.sh?)

Jason Kohles jkohles@redhat.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:58:35 -0500

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 11:46:15AM -0600, Curt Hauge wrote:
> I have been after this problem for awhile, and now I am on a different Linux server with a fresh install and the same problem. However, I have now discovered that if I put a copy of interchange.cfg in my "virtual" root (which would be /home/htdocs/my_space), expireall functions as expected!(on this box, not other). Look below at line 103 in expireall. It seems like it is not using the /interchange directory when looking for interchange.cfg - it just looks for interchange.cfg in /my_space. The error logs report nothing.

Expireall expects the config file to be in the directory where you run it,
which could arguably considered a bug, however...

> 1,11,21,31,41,51 * * * * /home/htdocs/my_space/interchange/bin/expireall -r

The easy fix is to change your crontab entry to:
1,11,21,31,41,51 * * * * (cd /home/htdocs/my_space/interchange; ./bin/expireall -r)

--
Red Hat E-Business Solutions                    Jason Kohles
11480 Sunset Hills Road                         Senior System Architect