[ic] does interchange take a lot of ressources ?

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
28 Mar 2001 17:36:01 -0500

"David Bordas" <bordas@jeuxvideo.com> writes:

> But i have one question is the akopia take a lot of ressources ? And, can i
> run several shops on a same server, like a linux server PIII 700 Mhz 128 Mo
> Ram with 18 Go SCSI for exemple.

I think this box would run several catalogs with no problems.  What's
the upper limit?  Not sure, my development box is similar to this
one.  I have about 10 catalogs loaded and running (of course, they are
not all getting hammered at the same time).  The box is exremely
snappy even while doing other things.

> Will mysql installed on the same machine or can i connected with perl
> DBI:DBD to a distant mysql.

Sure.  The script to make a new catalog (curiously called 'makecat'
just asks for the DSN.  It uses it just like any other perl script.

--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543