[ic] SendMail is Working ... How to send out confirmation emails

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:49:53 -0800

At 08:14 AM 3/28/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Dan,
>
>Thanks for the reply.
>
>Send mail is in fact working.  The reason I know this, is because I, as
>the administrator/OrderToPerson get a copy of the order for
>processing.  However I a copy does not get sent to the customer.   It
>seems to me that there also would have to be some way to configure this
>"to the customer email."
>
>After searching more through the archives I have found other pieces ...
>but can not seem to put it all together.
>
>I am confused as to if a lot of the references in the docs and FAQs
>are  out of date.   There is talk about a report. file, a report.html file
>and a form_mail.cfg file.  I can find the report.html, and I think I
>understand that one.
>
>I can not however find either the form_mail.cfg or the report. file.  Is
>there any documentation on this?
>
>What files are actually needed?
>What changes or modifications are needed in the catalog.cfg files?
>
>When you say that this confirmation email functionality works out of the
>box, do you mean the simple demo?  I see a lot of reference to that demo
>in the documentation, however I did not get that with my distribution.  I
>got "construct" and those files do not seem to be included.
>
>What am I missing?
>
>Could someone send me a copy of the needed configuration changes?

Hopefully someone will be able to answer your problem.  (I can't figure out
why it works on mine but not on yours -- I didn't do any special mods).

What version of IC are you using?
Do you get any error.log output?
Have you tried using your "OrdersTo" e-mail address on a fictionional
order?  (Maybe it only works for that address, in that case you should get
to distinct emails to the same email).

The do-it-yourself route includes:  checkout the [email] tag.  (or is it
[mail]?).  It is very simple, and you can use it to custom build the emails
you want to send out.  It might be a usertag.

HTH,

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com