[ic] [fly-list] for arbitrary databases doesn't work?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:56:14 -0500

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> Hi all -
>
> It seems that the [fly-list] tag no longer works for non-products tables on
> a custom flypage - at least not like it used to.  I have tried it with the
> base=table option to try to force the lookups to a particular table, still
> to not avail.  It used to be (in MV) that one could pull data from one or
> several arbitrary tables (and products for that matter) thusly:
>
> go to my_fly.html: [page my_fly akey]Go[/page]
>
> [fly-list code="[data session arg]"]
>          [item-code]
>          [item-field foo]   #this would get 'foo' from table products for
> the current key
>          [item-data info bar] #this would get 'bar' from table info for the
> current key
> [/fly-list]
>
> ...it doesn't seem to work this way any more.  Are there new directives
> required to make this work?  I don't want to add a bunch of arbitrary
> databases to the ProductFiles directive just to get this to work.  I guess
> I can use [loop..] instead, but why has the fly-list functionality been
> removed?

I am surprised it ever did. But you can add an onfly=1 option and
force it to work.

In any case, [fly-list onfly=1 ...] is exactly equivalent to:

    [loop prefix=item list="[data session arg]"]

except it won't track a VIEW_PRODUCT in the tracking, and it won't
run list_compat to make [if-field ...] and [if-data ...] work.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

"Laughter is inner jogging." -- Norman Cousins