[ic] ISO-8859-2 Problem

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:05:20 -0500

Quoting klosar18@email.si (klosar18@email.si):

> ----------------------------------
> em this is actually why we switched to excel exporting
> :)
> the tab delimiting was creating weird characters,and
> when excel did the same thing I posted the problem
> here.Just to be safe I reinstalled interchanged tried
> the import/export thing in excel and tab delimited
> again with no luck.The characters always get messed up.

I think you should understand that without seeing what is going
wrong there is nothing we can do. I don't understand the reluctance
to provide real data.

The final steps in giving us enough info is to:

	1. Create a good file (just a few records is OK).
	2. Import it.
	3. Export it back to a different file.

Attach both the original file and the exported ASCII file to
an email message (you can send to me directly) and we will
see what we see.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman