[ic] Price & Platform

Greg Cope greg@rubberplant.freeserve.co.uk
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 09:28:31 +0000

Curtis Garrison wrote:

> Is it still true (even after Redhat bought akopia) that there is no price
> for an InterChange software license - meaning absolutely FREE?

Free as in price, but there is still a copyright and a licence that
grants you cartain freedoms under the GPL - but it has certain
restrictions so it is not completly "free" in an absolute sense.

> Also, since it runs on "Linux or Unix Variant" - has anyone installed this
> on Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server yet?  Mac OS X is based on FreeBSD, has
> Apache pre-installed and also supports MySQL...

In theory I think it should work but could be wrong - whats wrong with
FreeBSD / Linux ?

Greg

(who thinks you should run an ecommmerce engine on a tried and tested
platform)