[ic] cant get interchange daemon to run

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 07:09:11 -0500

Quoting Leon Harris (leon@quoll.com):
> if I manually run:
> su -c "/usr/sbin/interchange -r" interch
> no errors are reported.
>
> If I run
> strace   su -c "/usr/sbin/interchange -r" interch
>
> it seems to exit cleanly with a munmap followed by a _exit(256) = 0
> but nothing else. My instincts scream "perl installation problem" at me,
> but my perl works fine. What can I do to get a bit more info to debug
> this?

Your antennae must be similar to mine. Check and see if your Perl has
threading enabled.

You can set DEBUG to 1 in interchange.cfg and do a "tail -f /tmp/icdebug"
to see if something shows up.

Other than that, check the error.log file and see what it says.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just
sit there." -- Will Rogers