[ic] How to use the other perl?

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
01 May 2001 12:54:00 -0400

"Voodoo" <voodoo@idola.net.id> writes:

> My question is, How to instruct the Interchange to use the
> "/usr/local/bin/perl"? instead of the regular /usr/bin/perl.
>
> Is it just as simple as changing a .cfg file?  Or do I have to
> recompile the Interchange all over again?  Or else?

This may be too simple of an answer, but can you just modify the first
line of your interchange daemon?  Remember, it's just a perl script
itself.  On my system, the /usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange
script starts like this:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

If yours says "#!/usr/bin/perl" you should be able to chang it to the
above without any problems.  Then restore your perl 5.005 in /usr/bin.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543