[ic] Extra userdb Fields

josh joshnarins@narinsky.com
Tue, 1 May 2001 19:33:41 +0000 ( )

I've changed the database [ALTER TABLE userdb ADD myfield char(16)]
And added a <INPUT TYPE=checkbox NAME=myfield VALUE="[value myfield]">

and am getting two odd results.

Firstly, the value the first time I load the page of the checkbox, using

The other result is not exactly odd, but undesirable.
When the user selects "Save Acct Info" the new field is not inserted in
the database (although all the standard stuff (fname, lname, etc.) works
as expected).

On this same topic, are there any issues I should know about using hidden
input fields in the same way?
 ex. <INPUT type=hidden
            name="MyOtherNewField"
            value="[value MyOtherNewField]">