[ic] httpd.conf settings? Please help..

Jason Feingold jason_feingold@hotmail.com
Thu, 03 May 2001 11:10:31

Hi. I'm desperate for some help. This is my last stumbling block(hopefully)
before i can go live, and I can't bang my head against the wall anymore
cause I keep waking up my neighbors...

I'm using RH linux 7.0, Apache, with the latest stable interchange engine.

My WebDoc root is set to /var/www/html. When I type in
'www.machinerunner.com' - (DNS is not set yet but is set locally for me in
my etc/hosts file) - it doesnt take me directly to the
var/lib/interchange/mr/pages/index.html file, which is where i want to go.
I try to link from my /var/www/html/index.html, but i get a permissions
error. I am running my interchange as interch.  The Apache
Redirect Directive doesnt seem to get me anywhere either.

I want people to just be able to type in 'www.machinerunner.com', not
'www.machinerunner.com/cgi-bin/mr' all the time...

Any suggestions?I very much appreciate your help. Thanks.jason